How did this happen? @baconchop was inadvertently called a girl. He responded saying he's a man - after all, he eats big steaks. Of course, I said girls eat steak too. It snowballed from there, and now, on the 1st June, at Hawksmoor, we will be going head to head to see who can eat the most.
A battle of the sexes? Or a battle of who is most stubborn?
1. Both contestants need to choose their meal
2. Both contestants have to have the same non-steak food and drink
3. Both contestants privately message @hawksmoorlondon their steak target (e.g. 800g bone-in rib). If they fail to eat it all they lose. If they both eat it all the person with the biggest target wins.
4. Hawksmoor will comp the winner’s steak.
5. If both contestants fail to eat their steaks Hawksmoor wins and you pay your whole bill. Hawksmoor laughs at you.
You can go and vote for who you think might win, here. If you're on Twitter, it's been hashtagged as #manvslegs. For now, wish me luck; I hope I don't puke*.
Will Beckett of Hawksmoor has pledged £1 per 100gr of steak consumed, with the total going to the winner's charity of choice, and we've had another Twitterer do the same. Feel free if you fancy it; my charity of choice is NSPCC.
For now, I am busy in training and contemplating what size to order. But for the record, I once ate so much pie I was sick in my sleep.
*Any mid-meal vomiting warrants an immediate disqualification.