Thursday 5 August 2010

Man Vs Legs - The Result



In case you were wondering what the outcome of The Bet was, here it is, in video glory.


Blind bids revealed, I was rather awestruck to find that my nemesis had gone for 1.6kg, and I a mere 1.2kg. I wildly underestimated myself; I polished off the 1.2kg with ease. Hawksmoor stepped up to the plate gracefully, and I know I managed that steak because it was just so damn tasty. Cooked beautifully and flavoursome all the way to the middle, it was hardly a struggle and a mere two months later I am ready to go back. Though this time I think I can settle for a 600gr.

We raised an impressive £1500 between us to go to Everyman and NSPCC, so a huge thank you to everyone who donated to our gluttony. The two weeks of sheer terror, stuffing our faces and second guessing each other (not to mention trying to freak each other out) were well worth it.

Adam's JustGiving Page (Everyman)
My JustGiving Page (NSPCC)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

genius!

Melanie Seasons said...

Lizzie, I bow to you - that was a f*cking huge steak. Amazing.

An American in London said...

Lol. How did i miss your post where the Bet was relayed?

So have you been bitten by the competitive eating bug? Is it time to move to the States for serious training? : )

The Girl Who Cooks said...

Wow. I am impressed! That steak was bigger than your head!

Greedy Diva said...

Great effort for such a tiny person! But then again, I've seen the way you put away that lard at Bob Bob Ricard...!

Helen said...

This video is absolutely brilliant. Well done Mabs. You was robbed. You could easily have done that 1.6-er. I do hope there was no tactical puking.

S said...

Lizzie, you are just facking amazing! x shayma

PDH said...

WOW! Well done the pair of you, thats some impressive steak eating good work on the money raised as well! Never has greed been for a better cause :^D

Jenny Eatwell said...

Oh my word - those steaks looked just awesome! Well done, the both of you!

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.
Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?
Plz answer back as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. many thanks
Also see my web page: sexy chatting